Strawberries are sugar-sweet, irresistible, and omnipresent -- even if you can't pick your own, you'll find pints and quarts of them at roadside
The perfect healthy snack, suitable for all seasons. These Home made freeze dried strawberry muesli bar is a must have for if you are on the go. They are super healthy and contain no additional sugar which makes it perfect for a healthy snack. The Giving Tree Freeze Dried Strawberry Crisps makes it really sweet, our Giving Tree Crisps do not contain any additional sugar as well!
- 1/3 cup Giving Tree Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Break the freeze dried fruit until they are broken up into tiny pieces. Crush the fruit in it’s packaging before opening with a large meat tenderiser. A blender or food processor works as well.
- In a large bowl, mix the fruit, oats, and salt. Stir in the butter and peanut butter, and then mix in the honey until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared square baker. Use your spoon to arrange the mixture fairly evenly in the baker, then use the bottom of a flat, round surface (like a short, sturdy drinking glass) to pack the mixture down as firmly and evenly as possible.
- Cover the baker and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight. This gives the oats time to absorb moisture so the granola bars can set.
- When you’re ready to slice, lift the bars out of the baker by grabbing both pieces of parchment paper on opposite corners. Use a sharp chef’s knife to slice the mixture into 4 even rows and 4 even columns (these “bars” stick together better in a square shape).
- Bars keep well for a couple of days at room temperature packed in , but we recommend storing individually wrapped bars in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for best flavour.
There are many reasons to eat more fruits and vegetables. Freeze dried or fresh, it doesn't matter as long as they are prepared in a healthy