HEALTHY AUTUMN TREATS - SO SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS! So Bonfire Night has been and gone, and we made some AMAZING healthy treats to tuck into! They
We all know when it comes to our diet it can be a crazy rollercoaster. You go through a phase of eating super healthy and restricting your calories for a week, which then leads to a downfall spiral in overindulging in all the naughty foods that make our waistlines grow. We’ve all been there, when it comes to summer, this is usually the case, and as the summer holidays are creeping up, the fad diets start to come into play.
At Chi HQ, we believe we can keep up a healthy momentum, not just for the summer, but also as a lifestyle change. This starts by making sure you have the right balance of foods in your diet. Not only is a healthy diet the main driver to weightloss or maintaining weight, it provides us with all the nutrition our body needs, and is the magic medicine to keeping us look radiant, happy and full of energy!
As part of the summer running #GetFitWithChi we have put together a healthy 1 week- meal plan to keep you on track to maintaining a healthy diet, and that means no skipping meals or crazy calorie restrictions. So now you can say goodbye to yo-yoing and see the change in fuelling your body the healthy and right way! If you have a busy schedule and feel this may be difficult to follow, a Chi tip is also to pre-prepare everything in advance for the week
We would love to know how this meal plan works for you, so post your photos or comments with #GetFitWithChi.
Meal 1 – Breakfast
Option 2: 50g Porridge Oats + Greek yoghurt + topping
Option 3: 1 slice of Whole meal bread toasted + spread some Chi coconut oil on the toast+ egg
*See more Breakfast recipes here *
- Handful of blueberries
- Half a chopped banana
- Sprinkle of chopped nuts or granola
- A small packet of The Giving Tree snacks
- 1 Tblspn Peanut Butter
Meal 2 – Lunch
Option 1: Salad + a little broth soup (avoid creamy salad dressings or creamy soups)
- Salad dressing (optional): Balsamic Vinegar or 1 Tbspn Olive oil, garlic, sea salt and see more here.
Option 2: salad + a piece of white meat or fish
Option 3: Sushi + a little broth soup
Snack options (choose 1)
- 1 raw fruit
- 1 packet of The GivingTree snacks
- 1 boiled egg
- handful of nuts
- Hummus or peanut butter & carrot/celery/cucumber sticks
- Half Avacado on 1 slice of whole meal bread topped with sea salt, pepper and smoked paprika/chilli flakes (optional)
- Chi Iced Lollies, see the recipe here
Meal 3 – Dinner
Option1: Jacket Potato
- 1 skinless chicken breast/beef or tuna steak/salmon
- Seasoned to taste (avoid cheese and cream)
- Mixed roasted vegetables coated with 1tbsp Chi Coconut Oil
- 1 small baked sweet potato
*Vegetarian – substitute meat with tofu, lentils, quorn or a large sweet potato*
Option 2: Savoury eggs
• 2 egg whites and 3 yolks from free range eggs
• A handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
• 1⁄2 chopped white onion
• 1 clove of garlic crushed
• 1 tbsp of Chi coconut oil
• A handful of spinach
- Sautee onion and coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat until translucent.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, spinach and garlic, stir around with the onions.
- Add the egg mixture on top.
- Cook until the bottom of the omelette is bronzed, flip in half, cook for another 30 seconds and serve.
Desert (choose 1)
- Low fat yoghurt pot + add some Giving Tree freeze dried fruits
- Raw fruit
- 2 ginger nut biscuits
Halloween weekend is fast approaching and the colour orange has never been so appealing! We have picked out some of the finest inspiration for you