Buy 5 peaches and eat them all - except for one. Why you ask? Save one to give your face a special peachy treat, of course! We're all up for
Brr, brr, BRRRR! Has winter finally arrived? The mornings are getting darker and colder as the autumnal weather approaches, and let’s face it, there’s nothing more we want to do than hit snooze and roll over for another five minutes kip. But waking up to one of these beauties is another story.
Porridge is a great winter warmer and what better way to start a cold, frosty morning than with a warming bowl of porridge? Breakfast is important to fuel your body for the day, particularly if you’re going for a morning run or a gym session before work. We’re huge fans of icy cold smoothies or granola and fruit in the summer months, but now the weather has turned colder, we’re looking for a toasty alternative.
But there are more reasons to enjoy porridge than just a delicious start to the day; oats could provide protection against heart disease and cancer, scientists say, and porridge is packed with fibre, which provides your body with sustainable energy.
If you are feeling the cold here is a recipe to heat up your mornings with…
A warming oat-free porridge topped with crunchy Giving Tree Snack Pumpkin Crisps and nutritious goji berries and a drizzle of Yacon Syrup!
- Luxurious Oat-Free Porridge
- Yacon Syrup
- Coconut butter
- The Giving Tree Pumpkin Crisps
- Coconut milk or Water
- Brazilian nuts
- Goji berries
- Pumpkin and chia seeds
- Place the oats and the coconut milk or water in a large pan over a medium heat
- Add a tiny pinch of salt, coconut butter and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a steady simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring as often as you can to give you a smooth creamy porridge – if you like your porridge runnier, simply add a splash more coconut milk or water until you’ve got the consistency you like.
- Stir the Yacon Syrup through the porridge.
- After you’re satisfied with the consistency, put your oats porridge in a bowl an add your Giving Tree Pumpkin topping alongside with the Goji Berries, Brazilian Nuts, Pumpkin, chia seeds and a little bit of cinnamon!
Tags: 1-of-your-5 a day, clean eating, giving tree, health, healthy, healthy lifestyle, pumpkin, recipe, veg crisps
The perfect healthy snack, suitable for all seasons. These Home made freeze dried strawberry muesli bar is a must have for if you are on the go.