Strawberries are sugar-sweet, irresistible, and omnipresent -- even if you can't pick your own, you'll find pints and quarts of them at roadside
This homemade strawberry lip balm recipe is quick and easy to make, smells delectable and even adds a touch of pink to your lips! Made using natural ingredients like Giving Tree Strawberry Crisps and coconut oil. This strawberry lip balm recipe also includes a little bit of Vitamin E oil , which is good for your lips.
- 1 T. White Beeswax Pastilles Organic
- 1/2 T. Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 T. Sweet Almond Oil
- 1/8 tsp. Vitamin E Oil
- 1/8-1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
1. Use a blender or food processor to grind freeze dried strawberries into a fine powder.
2. Place all ingredients in a small, heat safe metal or glass container.
3. Place the container of ingredients in a pan of slowly boiling water that comes about halfway up the side of the container. Do not to get any water into your mixture.
4. Keep the water simmering and stir the mixture occasionally with metal spoon, wooden chopstick, or unused popsicle stick until melted.
5. Remove the jar from the water and pour through a strainer into your final container. (We used a 1 ounce glass jar with a screw top.) Discard the solids from the strainer, this is the extra strawberry pulp and seeds.
6. Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature, stirring once after about ten minutes. This will evenly distribute the strawberry color and flavour.
7. Cool lip balm completely and enjoy!
There are many reasons to eat more fruits and vegetables. Freeze dried or fresh, it doesn't matter as long as they are prepared in a healthy