Strawberries are sugar-sweet, irresistible, and omnipresent -- even if you can't pick your own, you'll find pints and quarts of them at roadside
If you’re suffering from dry or mature skin, this face mask combines the exfoliating power of strawberries with the moisturising benefits of honey. Combine 5 mashed strawberries with 1 tablespoon of honey and lemon. Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding the eye area. Rinse mask after 15 minutes and follow with moisturiser. Your skin will feel so dewy and refreshed!
- 5 fresh strawberries (mashed)
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 1/4 fresh lemon (cut as a wedge)
- Cut up the strawberries into fine pieces and place on a paper plate. Using a fork, smash the strawberries to excrete the juice. Do this until the strawberries are of a mushy consistency.
- Pour pulpy strawberry mixture into a bowl. Firmly squeeze your lemon wedge into the bowl and add your tablespoon of organic honey.
- With a spoon, stir quickly until all of the ingredients have combined together. You can also use a whisk to bind the ingredients together.
- If you’re mask is looking a bit too liquidly for your liking, add some more honey and stir again. If the mask is too thick for your liking, add more strawberry and lemon juice, and mix.
How to use:
You’ll want to use this mask immediately because the ingredients are most potent within minutes of mixing them together making the benefits the strongest.
You can either refrigerate for 10 minutes prior to applying so that the mask is cold and thus will feel more soothing on the skin, or you can apply straight from the bowl.
Leave on skin for 7-12 minutes. Wash off with tepid water. Dispose of the any remaining mixture.
You can use this mask 2 times a week but you must make a fresh mask for each application.
There are many reasons to eat more fruits and vegetables. Freeze dried or fresh, it doesn't matter as long as they are prepared in a healthy