HEALTHY AUTUMN TREATS - SO SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS! So Bonfire Night has been and gone, and we made some AMAZING healthy treats to tuck into! They
It hits 11am and you’re feeling peckish, but surely it’s way too early for lunch yet? Or maybe you need an afternoon pick me up, something to get your teeth into and REALLY enjoy.
As you may already be aware, its essential that the body is kept nourished and energised with healthy, nutritious foods throughout the day and when you’re feeling hungry, it’s ok to grab a snack..just as long as it’s the right kind!
Here at The Giving Tree we’ve come up with some simple, tasty and fun ideas to create the perfect snacks for every day, for all ages. Packed full of vitamins, minerals and fibre which helps to make you feel fuller for longer.
You can either snack sweet or savoury with our range so there’s something for everyone.
Here are a few of our favourites..
1. Crudités – Dunk your veggie crisps in your favourite dipping condiment. We like a roasted red pepper hummus, low sugar/salt sweet chilli dipping sauce, low fat sour cream and chive dip, or homemade guacamole!
2. Swap your lunchtime packet of crisps for a bag of Giving Tree veggie crisps! They are MUCH tastier, crunchier and will fill you up a lot more.
3. If you’re feeling adventurous, try melting some reduced fat cheddar cheese and try dunking some broccoli into the gooey, deliciousness for a delightful snack or canapé style serving suggestion.
4. Add our veggie crisps as a topping to your favourite salad, crackers, or canapés too!
1. Add your favourite fruit flavour crisp into some natural yoghurt, drizzle with honey and any other toppings such as granola, un-salted nuts, chopped apple, dried apricots or fig!
2. For a naughty but nice treat, why not try melting some raw cacao or dark chocolate and dunking strawberry crisps into them, let them set and cool if you fancy a delicious snack that you won’t feel guilty for!
3. Add fruit crisps to you’re favourite smoothie/smoothie bowl for an alternative crunchy texture and added fibre, not forgetting 1 of your 5 a day!
4. Use our Giving Tree fruit flavour crisps for the perfect energy burst after or before exercising loaded with slow release carbohydrates
5. Add them to cereal bars / cakes/ buns for added flavour, nutrients and crunch cereal
You can find our Giving Tree snacks at Whole Foods, Planet Organic, Holland & Barrett.
Tags: 1-of-your-5 a day, clean snack, crisps, crispy snacks, diet, eat clean, fitness, freeze-dried fruit, fruit crisps, giving tree snack, gluten free, healthy snack, raw food, snack time, superfood, thegivingtree, vacuum-fried vegetables, vegan, vegetable crisps
Halloween weekend is fast approaching and the colour orange has never been so appealing! We have picked out some of the finest inspiration for you