Strawberries are sugar-sweet, irresistible, and omnipresent -- even if you can't pick your own, you'll find pints and quarts of them at roadside
So weekends are meant for indulging right? However, too much indulgence can lead to over indulging and consuming way too much on a weekend!
However, everything in moderation is what we believe, and these recipes are the perfect combination of what feels like a treat but in actual fact, super healthy! With thanks to our lovely nutritionist Rhiannon for the recipes!
1. Breakfast- Coconut milk, pistachio and strawberry giving tree porridge
- Giving Tree strawberry crisps
2. Lunch / Dinner - Herby garlic chicken with veggie giving tree topping
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 100g quinoa
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- Mixed herbs to season
- Giving Tree Broccoli and pumpkin crisps for topping
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chicken with the garlic, herbs and arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin. Bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the chicken stock for 15 mins until tender, blend the vegetables in a food processor in the mean time. Drain and place into a large bowl with the chicken, toss together with the vegetables sauce too.
- Top with broccoli and pumpkin crisps!
3. Dessert - Wheyhey Chocolate ice cream topped with bee pollen, chia seed and Giving Tree Peach Crisps! Simple as that
There are many reasons to eat more fruits and vegetables. Freeze dried or fresh, it doesn't matter as long as they are prepared in a healthy