Pumpkins and early evening sunsets illuminating the skies with bursts of turquoise and pink. It can only be autumn holidays in England;
So weekends are meant for indulging right? However, too much indulgence can lead to over indulging and consuming way too much on a weekend!
However, everything in moderation is what we believe, and these recipes are the perfect combination of what feels like a treat but in actual fact, super healthy! With thanks to our lovely nutritionist Rhiannon for the recipes!
1. Breakfast- Coconut milk, pistachio and strawberry giving tree porridge
• 250ml water
• 40g oats
• 4 tbsp coconut milk
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• 1 tbsp chi coconut oil
For a topping:
• crushed pistachios
- Giving Tree strawberry crisps
Simply add the water, oats and coconut milk to a saucepan and allow it to heat for about ten minutes, until the liquid has all been absorbed.
Then stir in the almond butter and coconut oil and let them dissolve into mix.
Once it’s all nicely mixed pour it into a bowl, add all your favourite toppings and then it’s ready to enjoy!
2. Lunch / Dinner – Herby garlic chicken with veggie giving tree topping
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 100g quinoa
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- Mixed herbs to season
- Giving Tree Broccoli and pumpkin crisps for topping
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chicken with the garlic, herbs and arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin. Bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the chicken stock for 15 mins until tender, blend the vegetables in a food processor in the mean time. Drain and place into a large bowl with the chicken, toss together with the vegetables sauce too.
- Top with broccoli and pumpkin crisps!
3. Dessert – Wheyhey Chocolate ice cream topped with bee pollen, chia seed and Giving Tree Peach Crisps! Simple as thatchicken recipe, coconut porridge recipe, fitness, giving tree, giving tree crisps, healthy food, healthy living, healthy snacks, ice cream, nutrionist, nutrition, quinoa recipe, strawberry recipes, weekend recipes
In case you haven’t noticed it yet; our Giving Tree fruit crisps are really special as they are freeze dried. Sounds pretty fancy,