HEALTHY AUTUMN TREATS - SO SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS! So Bonfire Night has been and gone, and we made some AMAZING healthy treats to tuck into! They
Spending your time at the beach playing in the water or lying on the sand can make you hungry! Snacks are a must have at the beach but what to bring? During vacation nobody wants to devote a lot effort to making snacks. The perfect snack at the beach needs to be easy to carry and simple to eat. But you have to avoid snacks high in salt and fat.
At Chi we’ll give you all the tips to bring healthy and tasty snacks with you during your vacation.
1. Trail Mix
- A trail mix very high in antioxidants and wonderful healthy oils
- No partially hydrogenated oils or fats.
- A high-energy snack with no added sugar or harmful preservatives.
2. Fresh Fruit
Nothing can be easier and healthier than to eat a fresh fruit.
3. Giving Tree snacks
Want something crispy? Giving Tree snack is the perfect combination of fresh fruits and crisps.
- Fruits are freeze-dried – a technology that doesn’t damage the nutritional value or the flavour
- No sugar added
- Vegetables are vacuum fried with a healthy oil (Rice Bran oil which is rich of antioxidants)
- No salt added
4. Granola Bar
You can make your own energy booster granola bar, the night before to go to the beach.
- 2 tbsp Chi Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Chi Coconut water
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjol dates
- 1 1/2 lightly toasted jumbo organic Oats
- 1 cup raw whole almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Organic crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
1. Blend the dates in a food processor until you get a smooth paste. Use 2 tbsp Chi Coconut water to help the blending process.
2. Place oats, almonds, cranberries and dates paste in a bowl and set aside.
3. Warm honey, peanut butter and Chi Coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Stir gently and then pour over the oats mixture. Mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mix to a baking parchment lined baking tin/tray.
5. Press down with a spatula until smooth and uniformly flattened. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
6. Remove from the baking tin, cut into bars 10/12 bars. You can store them in air tight container or wrapping them individually. They keep in the fridge for up to 6 days.
5. Stay hydrated with Chi Raw Coconut Water
Chi Raw Coconut Water will be your sun soul mate for this summer!
Halloween weekend is fast approaching and the colour orange has never been so appealing! We have picked out some of the finest inspiration for you